Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Why Me? Not in My Vocabulary

 


So what is the first reaction a person has when a devastating diagnosis is leveed upon him or her?  "Why me?" is often the question asked.  I've had more than one relative descend into the "Why me?" conundrum and my mother always had the perfect answer.  "God's grace is enough." There is no time for "Why me?" because there is too much life to be lived between medical appointments--things to do, people to see, trips to take, experiences to be had.  I won't say this is an easy mindset or even easy to put into practice, but it's the choice I make every single day when I get out of bed.  Soon after I was diagnosed, I read a book called "He's God and We're Not," that put a whole lot of things into perspective for me. This is a situation that will aid in my spiritual growth, if I allow it to.  I decided to allow it to.  

I keep a calendar on my refrigerator where I write all my appointments down so my husband will know what's going on and when he might want to be available.  The last three months have been filled with appointments and social engagements.  It doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon, but that's okay.  Now, it seems my husband is filling the calendar just as much as I am.  Life is nothing but challenges, but we are going to face them head on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Serious Comedy of Errors

  So, a couple of weeks ago, we heard that Kevin's brother fell and broke his hip.  Tuesday, this past week Kevin fell and ruptured his ...