Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Like Clockwork



So Monday, I had two appointments, one to get my shots, and one for my annual squish-o-gram.  If my shots were done in time, I would have the second appointment right away.  If they weren't, I was going to have to wait over an hour  for the squish.  I get to the clinic early, they get me in, and there were no troubles giving me my shots--one needle for each (which is not always the case).  I book my way downstairs and the receptionist hasn't fully checked me in before the radiographer is calling me back.  Fifteen minutes start to finish for that appointment.  Now all I had to do was wait for Kevin to finish running errands to pick me up.  I'd rather be waiting than cause someone to wait for me, so it was all good.  

Tuesday, I just had one appointment, but it was in the opposite direction of Monday's appointments.  Because of road construction, we leave early and get to the clinic with a bit of time to spare.  Again, clockwork precision for this appointment.  There are a few changes coming for me but they are relatively minor.  Adjustment to medication as long as I can tolerate it is about the biggest change.

 EXCEPT, I am going to have to have my knee replaced in the not too far distant future.  That comes with a whole load of baggage to unpack, but I'll wait until that is truly upon me.  For the time being, I am getting the synthetic visco treatments in both knees.  My orthopedic doctor did tell me that I do qualify for handicapped parking, so that will be in the works soon. 

I kind of hate giving these "organ recitals" as update, but there are times that's what's going on with me. So there you have it.  The life and times of a zebra.  I am nothing if not complicated. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that a number of my conversations with friends and folks that I meet when I am out walking seem to center around health issues. As we age work life takes a bit of a back seat to the everyday health issues that seem to accelerate with age. We just smile and keep going on.
    Blessings,
    Neal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you my Sister. Don't worry about the knee thing. I have had mine about 5 years. Leg has not fallen off yet!

    ReplyDelete

A Serious Comedy of Errors

  So, a couple of weeks ago, we heard that Kevin's brother fell and broke his hip.  Tuesday, this past week Kevin fell and ruptured his ...