Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Ya Gotta Have a Sense of Humor


Some years ago, I had Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy for one tumor that is not in my liver but hangs out between my liver and my stomach.  The IMRT appointments were for five days a week for six weeks.  Thirty treatments in all.  Every day when I went in, I had to give my name and birthdate a couple of times--at reception and before getting set up for the treatment.  I got tired of always saying, "My name is Rebecca Guinn, my birthdate is 5/18/58." So one day, I said, "I'm Ethel Mertz, my birthdate is 5/18/58."  The technician didn't know who Ethel Mertz was and had to be schooled. I also used Jane Jetson, Wilma Flintstone, Betty Rubble, Dorothy Zbornak, and if I was feeling crabby, Lucy Van Pelt.  For twenty of the thirty days, I chose to be someone other than Becky.  It gave my technician a chuckle and a challenge, and it lightened my load considerably.  This came to mind because I've had a plethora of appointments and procedures lately and I'm now thinking I should pull some of my secret identities into the fore.  

There are days when I just need something funny to distract myself.  This video is one of those funnies that I watch and rewatch just for the jollies.  I also love showing this to others and watching them chuckle in all the right places.  So for your enjoyment, meet Andy Griffith. 




 

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Love you. Hugs, Dear Cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OGC (oldest girl cousin)June 1, 2022 at 6:33 PM

    You’re such a good writer! Love your little snippets.

    ReplyDelete

A Serious Comedy of Errors

  So, a couple of weeks ago, we heard that Kevin's brother fell and broke his hip.  Tuesday, this past week Kevin fell and ruptured his ...