Wednesday, June 29, 2022

More Humorous Encounters


I was having a Y-90 treatment, which required me to hold my breath several times during the procedures.  The technicians and nurses were the ones who tell me when to hold my breath and when to breath again.  At this particular treatment, I was told to hold my breath once and was never told I could start breathing again.  It became painful, to say the least.  The techs and nurses just said, "Oops!"  But they were apologetic about it.  

Fast forward to last week when I had my semi-yearly MRI.  The voice comes into the headphones telling me, "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, please hold your breath."  After the few seconds it took to do the scan, the voice comes back to say, "Please, continue breathing."  It hit my funny bone that they were so polite to ask me to do something so necessary for life itself.  

Today's humor came when the doctor's office called me to tell me that one of the three doctors was out of town and there needed to be a collaboration before they saw me.  Could they reschedule? Sure, why not, I'd rather have answers than just a "Hi! How are you?" visit.  So tentatively I've been rescheduled for four weeks out.  But instead of Dr. S (the one I was supposed to see tomorrow), I'll be seeing Dr. V, then the nurse said, but it could be Dr. R who does the actual procedure when it comes down to that.  😆🤷

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Serious Comedy of Errors

  So, a couple of weeks ago, we heard that Kevin's brother fell and broke his hip.  Tuesday, this past week Kevin fell and ruptured his ...