Thursday, April 14, 2022

The One Where We Find True Friends

 On November 3, 2003, I met my oncologist for the first time and got my first treatment.  She delineated what treatment was going to be like for me, what my prognosis was, and what my life could be going forward.  My next visit with my oncologist was on a day that snow was predicted.  Since the appointment was early in the day, I decided to head to Wenatchee the night before.  It did snow and I was glad of that foresight, but the biggest surprise was the next morning.  Someone had gone through the parking lot and cleaned all the snow off all the vehicles in the lot.  I was able to make my appointment, run my errands, and go home safely.  During my visit with the oncologist, she told me that because we were in this together, we were friends. There are times when we know our friends face to face and other times when our friends are invisible.  I am so thankful for my friends who've followed my journey, who are following my journey now, and who will continue to follow my journey.  You are my angels unawares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Serious Comedy of Errors

  So, a couple of weeks ago, we heard that Kevin's brother fell and broke his hip.  Tuesday, this past week Kevin fell and ruptured his ...